Skip to main content

Opportunities Abroad Program (OAP)

OAP covers any company, organization, or institution outside of the UC system (such as UCEAP and UC San Diego Global Seminars). This allows a student to go almost anywhere in the world in almost any field of study. Student have the option of applying to a study abroad provider (the company, organization, or institution that is responsible for your program) or directly enrolling into a host university.

Academic credit earned abroad will be counted as transfer credits, which can be applied towards major, minor, and general education requirements.

For more information, please review the Study Abroad Office's website for OAP.



Once you have completed the Academic Planning Form with the courses you plan to take while studying abroad, bring the course syllabi and Academic Planning Form to the Political Science Department during walk-in advising hours for a signature. 

Political Science majors may transfer up to six courses from outside UCSD to the major. This includes EAP/OAP courses, community college courses, courses taken at other 4-year universities, and AP courses.

In order for study abroad courses to be allowable for the major, they must be Political Science courses, and transfer to UCSD as upper-division, with 4 or units each, and with a letter grade of C- or better.