Instructional Resources and Policies
Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD)
Students with disabilities may request a variety of accommodations that the University is required by law to provide. Students who wish to request an accommodation must provide the instructor with official documentation called an Authorization for Accommodation Letter, signed by the Office for Students with Disabilities (OSD), describing the required accommodation.
Please be sure that the OSD Liaison in the department is aware of this student and that they must bring another copy of that letter to the Liaison (Ariane Parkes email@example.com).
Due to the number of factors involved in securing these accommodations, it is helpful for students to visit the department early in the quarter. Student should see us as soon as possible.
INFORMATION INSTRUCTORS GIVE TO LIAISON
- Confirmation of exam date
- Exam (at least 24 hours prior to exam time)
- Regular exam length
- Open book? Open note?
- Blue book?
- Schedule the exam date and time (start time is 8:30 a.m. as most receive time and a half or double time)
- Reserve the room
- Administer the exam
- Provide the department laptop if necessary
- Schedule the scribe if necessary
- Return the exam and prompt to you in your mailbox
We cannot proctor the exam, extend the exam time if students show up late, nor administer non-OSD exams.
Please check this link for all of the policies and procedures governing faculty compliance: http://blink.ucsd.edu/instructors/advising/disabilities/index.html